Writers: Michael Brandt, Derek Haas, Chris Morgan and J.G. Jones.
Genre: Action, Crime and Thriller.
Release Date: August 15, 2008 (Venezuela).
Tagline: Choose your destiny. - Their world. Her rules. His destiny.
Plot: A young man finds out his long lost father is an assassin. When his father is murdered, the son is recruited into his father's old organization and trained by a man named Sloan to follow in his dad's footsteps.
The anxious, clumsy and abused office clerk Wesley Allan Gibson has a hell and boring routine life: his obese boss humiliates him all the time and his girlfriend betrays him with his colleague and best friend during working period. When he meets the sexy Fox, Wesley is informed that his father was a professional killer that belonged to an ancient organization called Fraternity and killed by the skilled and powerful Cross, a hit-man that has betrayed the Fraternity. Wesley learns that his anxiety actually is a manifestation of his latent abilities and he joins the society under the command of Sloan. Trained by Fox, he changes his personality and attitude, being prepared to face the dangerous Cross and find a hidden secret. - Writen by Claudio Carvalho.
Keywords: Fraternity, Assassin, Boss, Superhuman, Killer, Secret Code, Destiny, Death, Voilence, Car Crash, etc.
James McAvoy ... Wesley Gibson
Wesley: [upon being startled by Fox] I'm sorry.
Fox: You apologize too much.
Wesley: [awkwardly] Well, sorry about that.
Fox: I knew your father.
Wesley: My father left the week I was born, so...
Fox: Your father died yesterday on the rooftop of the Metropolitan Building. Sorry.
Wesley: [laughing in disbelief] Look, the liquor aisle is just over there, so if you want to go...
Fox: [interrupting] Your father was one of the greatest assassins who ever lived. The man who killed him is behind you.
- When Wesley Gibson is tied to the chair and punched in the face, a cut on the bridge on his nose disappears and re-appears in some shots.
- After Fox's car drives off the bus during the first car chase, the back window shatters. Minutes later it is back, with minimal damage.
- The movie is suppose to take place in Chicago, but when Wesley drives the Mustang and Fox drives the C4 Corvette to assassinate the man in the limousine, they race through Long Island City, Queens. The Citicorp building and the New York City skyline are in the background.
- The Fraternity would not have called themselves that 1,000 years ago. The word first appeared around 1309, as the Middle English word "fraternite." In fact, the founders would have spoken Old English, which has more in common with Old Norse than Modern English. The closest equivalent would probably be a word based on "broþor", the Old English for "brother" (as in brotherhood).
- "Happy Birthday" - Written by Mildred J. Hill and Patty S. Hill
- "Every Day is Exactly the Same" - Written by Trent Reznor - Performed by Nine Inch Nails
- "The Little Things" - Written by Danny Elfman - Performed by Danny Elfman
- "Time to Say Goodbye" - Written by Lucio Quarantotto, Francesco Sartori and Frank Peterson - Performed by Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli
- "Escape (The Piña Colada Song)" - Written by Rupert Holmes - Performed by Rupert Holmes
- "Flosso Bosso" - Written by Harry Garfield - Performed by Harry Garfield
- "You Are My Sunshine" - Written by Jimmie Davis - Performed by Harry Garfield
- "With a Twist" - Written by Harry Garfield - Performed by Harry Garfield
- "Spyat Ustalie Igrushki" - Written by Ostrovskij Avraam Ilich - Lyrics by Petrova Zoja Alekseevna
One of Cross' victims is identified by the Gunsmith as "Rictus". The main antagonist in the comic book is Mister Rictus.In the Russian edit of the movie, most of the texts visible on screen are translated via CGI: the texts on the ATM, the shop register, the flying keyboard letters (which spell the Russian curse "PSHEL NAH" instead of "FUCK YOU").For the Russian dubbing, many Russian film stars from Nochnoy dozor (2004), Dnevnoy dozor (2006) and Ironiya sudby. Prodolzhenie (2007) took part: Sergey Bezrukov for James McAvoy, Galina Tyunina for Angelina Jolie, Yuriy Kutsenko, Valeriy Zolotukhin and others. The Russian dubbing script was written by Sergey Lukyanenko.After Wesley leaves his job, you can see a sign for "Wicked: The Musical" in the background. Producer Marc Platt produced the Broadway show.
After Wesley leaves his job, you can see a sign for "Wicked: The Musical" in the background. Producer Marc Platt produced the Broadway show.The man pictured in the poster next to Cross' shoulder when he is on the train is the president of the Czech Republic, Václav Klaus.Angelina Jolie says she based her role in Wanted on Clint Eastwood.The first film to use Red Digital Cinema's Red One digital cameras. Several prototypes were used, alongside film cameras, to shoot about ten scenes. However, no Red One footage appears in the final cut of the film.While on location in Chicago, The Dark Knight (2008) was the neighboring film production, in which Morgan Freeman worked concurrently with this film. On one occasion, Mark Millar, the creator, sneaked onto the neighboring set to see the Batpod - which was used for filming. He was evicted from the set when security and Lauren Shuler Donner (who visited the set as well) caught him in the act.James McAvoy screen tested for the lead role in early 2006 but was initially rejected as the studio wanted a more conventional Hollywood man. He was later recalled as the producers considered him more of a 'runt of a litter'. The studio ultimately changed their minds, and wanted someone geeky.The graphic novel features superhero costumes worn by many characters but the film eliminates them, except the leather attire worn by Wesley and The Fox.The script went through several revisions with the most significant one being the third act that was rewritten by Chris Morgan in mid-2006. The first draft was rejected by Mark Millar because Millar felt the script was too tame and Americanized. Dean Georgaris also contributed a rewrite and tailored the role of The Fox specially for Angelina Jolie. Finally, original writers Derek Haas and Michael Brandt then put in the final rewrite to even out the voice of Wesley which was established in the first draft.Vehicles featured include a Dodge Viper SRT-10 , 1966 Ford Mustang , Chevrolet Corvette [C4] , the police cars consist of Ford Crown Victorias and a 2000 Chevrolet Impala 9CI ,Elevated Subway Trains , Garbage Truck , a Chevrolet Step Van an Express Train and a 1971 VAZ 2101 Zhiguli.Branko Tomovic auditioned for the part of The Repairman.James McAvoy worked out to improve his physique for the film's action scenes, and suffered several injuries during shooting, including a twisted ankle and an injured knee.Danny Elfman was invited to do the score, and accepted because he was a fan of Timur Bekmambetov's previous films, Nochnoy dozor (2004) and Dnevnoy dozor (2006).Director Timur Bekmambetov is planning a sequel to Wanted with the studio, though creator Mark Millar has denied that he will write a sequel to the comic book. He is instead creating a story along with the producers.The train is a Czech railways 680 class "Pendolino" made by French company Alstom.Jessica Biel was considered to play Fox.Halle Berry, Jada Pinkett Smith, and 'Beyonce Knowles' were considered for the role of Fox.
Awards:Nominated for 2 Oscars. Another 2 wins & 11 nominations